Apart from the undergraduate programme that the department runs in conjunction with other departments in the faculty, the department runs specialized postgraduate programmes. These include the: Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm) in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Management; and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Management.
The postgraduate programmes, which are based on didactic and clinical training emphasizing drug-therapy in patients, will produce competent clinical pharmacists. Areas of specialization may include:
1. Pharmaceutical services e.g. drug information services
2. Pharmacotherapy of various units e.g. oncology, cardiovascular, neurology,
3. Ambulatory care/adult medicine
4. Clinical pharmacokinetics/biopharmaceutics
5. Pharmaceutical care
6. Social pharmacy/ behavioral pharmacy.
7. Pediatric pharmacy
9. Pharmacy practice management
10. Infectious diseases
11. Public health pharmacy